Ruyan Guo11007 Andover Peak
San Antonio, TX 78254
Robert E. Clarke Endowed Professor
Areas of Teaching Interest
Solid State Device Physics, Fiber Optic Communications, Electronic and Dielectric Materials Science and Engineering, Optical and Nonliner Optic Materials and Devices, Inorganic Crystal Chemistry, Structure Property Relations, Analysis and Characterization of Multifunctional Materials
Areas of Research Interest
Electronic and optoelectronic materials and devices, ferroelectric, piezoelectric, and pyroelectric oxides; crystal chemistry and structure-composition-property relationships; low loss and frequency agile microwave dielectrics and devices; electrooptic, photorefractive, and nonlinear optical single crystals; multifunctional and tunable composites for sensors, actuators, and modulators.
Ph.D., Penn State University, 1990
- Origin of the high piezoelectric response in PbZr1-xTixO3, Guo, R.; Cross, L. E.; Park, S. E.; Noheda, B.; Cox, D., Shirane, G., Physical Review Letters, 84(23) 5423-5426 (2000)
- The perovskite structure - a review of its role in ceramic science and technology, Bhalla, A. S.; Guo, R.; Roy, R., Materials Research Innovations, 4(1) 3-26 (2000)
- Pyroelectricity (review article), A. S. Bhalla and R. Guo, in Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering; Vol. 17, edited by J. G. Webster (John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 1999), p. 465-469.
- Enhanced ferroelectric properties of Cr-doped BiFeO3 thin films grown by chemical solution deposition, Kim, J. K.; Kim, S. S.; Kim, W. J.; Bhalla, A., Guo, R., Applied Physics Letters, 88(13) 3 (2006)
- Piezoelectric and strain properties of Ba(Ti1-xZrx)O3 ceramics, Yu, Z.; Ang, C.; Guo, R. Y.; et al., Journal of Applied Physics, 92(3) 1489-1493 (2002)
- Measurements of Strain and The Optical Indexs in the Ferroelectric Ba0.4Sr0.6Nb2O6 - Polarization Effects, Bhalla, A. S.; Guo, R.; Cross, L. E.; et al., Physical Review B, 36(4) 2030-2035 (1987)
- Polarization mechanisms of morphotropic phase boundary lead barium niobate (PBN) compositions, R. Guo, A. S. Bhalla, C. A. Randall, Z. P. Chang, and L. E. Cross, Journal of Applied Physics 67, 1453-60 (1990)
- Morphotropic Phase Boundary Perovskites, High Strain Piezoelectrics, and Dielectric Ceramics; Vol. 136, edited by R. Guo, K. M. Nair, W. K. Wong-Ng, A. Bhalla, D. Viehland, D. Suvorov, C. Wu, and S.-I. Hirano. Hardcover: 580 pages Publisher: Wiley-American Ceramic Society (August 1, 2003) Language: English ISBN: 157498151X
- Optoelectronic Materials and Technology in Information Age; Vol. 126, edited by R. Guo, A. Bruce, B. Lee, V. Gopalan, B. V. Basavaraj, and M. Yan. Publisher: Wiley-American Ceramic Society (March 17, 2002) Language: English ISBN: 157498134X
- Crystal Growth of Novel Electronic Materials; Vol. 60, edited by R. K. Pandey, and R. Guo. Hardcover: 361 pages Publisher: Wiley-American Ceramic Society (June 1995) Language: English ISBN: 1574980033
- Photonic Fiber and Crystal Devices: Advances in Materials and Innovations in Device Applications V Vol. 8120, edited by S. Yin and R. Guo (Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers, San Diego, California, USA, 2011), ISSN 0277-786X; ISBN 9780819487308.